Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Creed


In light of being called out for being introspective I am wondering why no one else is blogging? I wonder if it is because our pastor, our leader, our Sheppard is putting people down. Calling people out and failing to create an environment that is safe, open, and welcoming? Could this be the reason? I don't know...so I will continue to blog eagerly waiting for the day when someone else joins me. I will try my best to, because obviously I was not doing that before, and blog to the constraints that Curtis has placed on me. On second thought, I will blog in the way the sermon spoke to me because after reviewing Curtis' request for me to blog that is exactly what he said.

Despite being introspective, as if it is a bad thing, this week Curtis left us with a practical application step. There was not a whole lot of room to make the creeds we created introspective. However, everyone made personal creeds (statements of belief that depict truth and action in their life). I don't know if we were supposed to state them daily this week, but if we were I have failed. I just stated mine out loud while alone in my office for the first time since writing it. There is something empowering about talking to yourself when no one is around.

My creed stated that I am answering the call to Listen and Obey Gods Words. I am responding in action through love. I will let God transform me to what he designed me to be as I focus on Him alone. My creed is based out of the belief that truth creates demands on our lives; therefore I cannot make a claim/creed about truth unless it is evident in my life. I guess it would be an axiomatic truth now that I think about it. I am still working on letting my creed become axiomatic, but part of my creed includes transforming me...so I guess I will let it do its work.

That's all I got this week...the blogs are shorter when you can't get super introspective.

6 comments:

Meagan said...

Awesome! Good luck!

I was in a blogging funk...Like I can think it but not put it into words. I will try and be back next week :)

Matt Tennyson said...

These last two weeks after my vacation have been hard...

However, I am looking forward to seeing a blog from someone besides Curtis!

Curtis and Jane said...

I'm just try to initiate the blog discussion. I offer enough on Saturday nights.

Taylor J. Austin said...

This blog is tearing us apart

Curtis and Jane said...

Taylor is right. New rule: 7 positive comments for every negative.

Anonymous said...

I always inspired by you, your views and attitude, again, thanks for this nice post.

- Norman